Focus: Branch managers and small business bankers
Main Messages: Attracting full small business relationships (business + owner + employee) can increase a bank’s relationship profitability 300% or more and increase cross sells to 15 or more products, yet, most of these opportunities are lost or missed by branch managers and small business bankers.
Learning Points: For bank customers who are solely or predominantly business customers or personal customers, participants learn how to:
- Identify additional potential opportunities within the existing relationship for the bank to serve its customers through discussion of their checking account transactions and cash flows
- Broaden discussion to the “other” potential relationships (from business to personal and from personal to business) through discussion of checking account transactions and cash flows
- Develop insights into why business or personal customers keep their ‘other’ business in another bank – the costs and benefits of their choices
- Identify and recognize the primary challenges or objections to consolidating business and personal business at a single bank
- Develop value-based arguments in favor of consolidation
Delivery: Pre-work, one-day classroom session, and coaching support that includes checkpoints, observation guides, and booster shots for sales managers in order to evaluate progress, enhance skills, and provide ongoing reinforcement.
We Are Seriously Social.