Focus: Branch managers and small business bankers
Main Messages: Attracting full small business relationships (business + owner + employee) can increase a bank’s relationship profitability 300% or more and increase cross sells to 15 or more products, yet, most of these opportunities are lost or missed by branch managers and small business bankers.
Learning Points: For bank customers who are solely or predominantly business customers or personal customers, participants learn how to:
- Identify additional potential opportunities within the existing relationship for the bank to serve its customers through discussion of their checking account transactions and cash flows
- Broaden discussion to the “other” potential relationships (from business to personal and from personal to business) through discussion of checking account transactions and cash flows
- Develop insights into why business or personal customers keep their ‘other’ business in another bank – the costs and benefits of their choices
- Identify and recognize the primary challenges or objections to consolidating business and personal business at a single bank
- Develop value-based arguments in favor of consolidation
Delivery: Pre-work, one-day classroom session, and coaching support that includes checkpoints, observation guides, and booster shots for sales managers in order to evaluate progress, enhance skills, and provide ongoing reinforcement.